Dear Valued Customer
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act) introduced by the Government, Kuwait Finance House (Malaysia) Berhad (“we”, “our”, “us” or “KFH Malaysia”) will collect, record, hold, store, use, disclose and/or process (collectively referred to as “Process”) your personal information. The Process will include:
- The organisation, adaptation or alterations of Personal Data (as defined hereinafter);
- The retrieval, consultation or use of Personal Data;
- The disclosure of Personal Data by transmission, transfer, dissemination or otherwise making available; or
- The alignment, combination, correction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
In particular, we will Process information on but not limited to the following:
- Full Name
- Identification Number and Passport Number;
- Address and Contact Details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address);
- Financial Information (including income details, expenses, financial commitments);
- Personal Information (including gender, marital, religion, ethnic, customer classification, education level, date of birth, number of dependents);
- Employment details and business nature;
- Results of credit checks;
- When applying for Takaful products distributed by the Bank, personal data relating to your personal health and medical history (including the medical history of your immediate family members) will be collected.
‘Sensitive personal data’ is any data relating to physical, mental health or condition, political and religious belief as defined by law. If ‘sensitive personal data’ is collected, the purpose of colleting the data would be explained to you.
(Collectively, the “Personal Data”).
The Personal Data will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable, or such other sources which we see fit from time to time:
- Credit reference agencies, credit bureaus, corporation and/or authorities;
- Our business partners, associates;
- Public sources or other sources which the Bank has access to;
- Your employer, your guarantor and your joint account holder; and
- Such other written or verbal communications with us or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our business relationship.
We will process your Personal Data with a view of establishing a business relationship with you and to provide banking services to you moving forward. This includes but not limited to the following:
- Processing of your application for banking facilities;
- Conducting credit and background checks;
- Compiling regulatory and other reporting inclusive of customer initiatives, providing you with KFH Malaysia’s products and/or services, cross selling, marketing and promotions which may be of interest to you;
- Verifying banking transactions;
- Updating and managing your records including organising, adaptation, alteration, alignment, combination, correction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data;
- Maintaining your account history for present and future reference;
- Undertaking statistical analysis, profiling for developing our product and services, and supporting KFH Malaysia’s financial and risk monitoring;
- Determining the amount of indebtedness and recovering the amount owing to KFH Malaysia;
- Preventing and detecting crimes (including, without limiting to, Money Laundering, Terrorism and fraud prevention, detection and prosecution);
- Complying to legal and regulatory requirements;
- Responding to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- Retrieving, consulting or using Personal Data;
- Disclosing Personal Data by transmission, transfer, dissemination or otherwise making available; or
- Protecting KFH Malaysia’s interest and other ancillary or related purpose.
We are part of the Kuwait Finance House Group (“KFH Group”) which operates in multiple jurisdictions. Accordingly, access to your Personal Data may be granted to other entities within the KFH Group and may be transferred outside of Malaysia for the purpose of data storage, to manage customer information more securely and efficiently at a Group level, and for Group regulatory reporting. The KFH Group will also access your Personal Data to keep you apprised from time to time of the products and services which are offered by the KFH Group. Please let us know if you wish to opt-out from such notification services by contacting our customer Personal Data Protection Officer at 1 300 888 534 or at [email protected]
In the course of our operations, it may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data which may include sensitive personal data but not limited to:
- to and between the branches, related corporations, business partners, affiliates or agents of KFH Malaysia and third parties selected by any of them, wherever situated, for confidential use (including for data processing, statistical and risk analysis purposes) and you further acknowledge that any such branch, related corporation, affiliate, agent or third party shall be entitled to transfer any such information as required by any law, court, legal process or as requested by any authority or body or agency in accordance with which it required to act as it shall determine;
- to the Association of Banks in Malaysia and Association of Islamic Banks in Malaysia, any (prospective or otherwise) guarantors, security providers, potential assignee or transferee or any other person proposing to enter into contractual arrangements with KFH Malaysia in relation to the transaction documents and to any depository agent;
- to Bank Negara Malaysia and any bureau or agencies established or to be established by Bank Negara Malaysia (including Central Credit Reference Information System – CCRIS) or by other authorities.
- to a potential assignee or transferee or any other person proposing to enter into a contractual arrangement with KFH Malaysia in relation to the facilities provided to you.
- as required or permitted by law, by order of court or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities.
Rest assured that we will only disclose the minimum amount of information which we deem is necessary and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is kept confidential.
In the event that you elect to withhold any Personal Data, this may adversely affect our ability to establish a business relationship with you and to provide banking services to you. It may also limit your ability to access certain services and facilities which we provide to our valued customers.
You have the right to address any questions which you may have regarding this policy, request access to and request for correction of your Personal Data, if necessary, upon payment of a minimum prescribed fee, request in writing for access to or correction of your Personal Data, or limit the processing of your Personal Data, by submitting such request to the Personal Data Protection Officer at KFH Malaysia via registered post or email (which must be sent from the email address registered with KFH Malaysia) as set out below:
Kuwait Finance House (Malaysia) Berhad
Personal Data Protection Officer
Level 24, Menara Prestige
No. 1, Jalan Pinang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
||1 300 888 534
KFH Malaysia reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and will place notice of such amendments on the KFH Malaysia’s website or via any other appropriate communication means deems suitable by KFH Malaysia.
In the event of any inconsistency between this policy and other consent to disclosure of information or data given by you under any products / services related documents or any other documents between you and KFH Malaysia, this policy will prevail.